Friday, November 7, 2008

Creating a Tool Box of Docent Training Activities

“One of my favorite podcast sites is called Manager Tools (http://www.manager-tools.com/) because it describes effective behaviors rather than drowning listeners in management theory.I realized that one of my goals with both workshops that Mark Howell, Kat Spears, and I have done on interactive training techniques was to use VAM members’ collective knowledge to create a tool box for docent trainers. In place of hammers and screwdrivers, this box would contain handouts and step-by-step directions for training activities. In that spirit, here are some links to the activities (scroll down to handouts) that we demonstrated at the workshops and I hope that others of you will post yours so we can start making this a shared resource. Thanks to everyone who attended either workshop!”

Linnea Grim

No comments: